Monsoon Shots

So last week was one wet week. After returning to Delhi, it rained nearly every day. This put tremendous strain on the roads of Gurgaon. They area already in a pretty dismal state during dry season, but with rain comes erosion and potholes... GIANT potholes.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my video recorder with me to capture some of the zaniness, but I hope these photos help you at least understand what monsoon rains can do to a developing city. In most places, traffic simply stops while the gutter system is in overload. My average commute time of 45 minutes nearly doubled if not tripled on several days last week. I managed to escape the worst of it by taking refuge in a friends house Friday evening allowing traffic to thin out before attempting to make it back north.




0 comments: