Lawn Mower

This morning, I got to work from home a bit. Well, I intended to work from home, but then my power went out... I could have had the house boy run the generator, but it seemed like an admission that I wasn't capable of roughing India to have someone go turn on the Cummins brand generator (yay Columbus, Indiana).

Anyhow, I finally headed out at about 8:45 for a meeting with a business publisher in south Delhi. As I climbed down my stairs, I noticed the house boy was on the lawn. After a closer look I realized he was mowing the lawn... Well that might be a bit of a stretch. He was squatting on the lawn with some garden shears and inch by inch trimming it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Labor and Service is soo cheap in India, that there is no need to have machinary..:) You'll notice more of that when u pass thru a construction site. People lifting gravel in small baskets and carrying tht etc etc

shelmes said...

I've also noticed that most construction sites also have entire villages of folks living on the site while under construction. Usually, they move from site to site as they complete the work...