Mourning Commuting:

UPDATE: Reloading w/ sound shortly!

In the grand scheme of things, I have it pretty easy. Many of my local hire coworkers commute from Noida and spend 2 hours on the road on some days. My commute is a little over 30 minutes, a relative breeze - even in Chicago.

Thankfully, I'm not spending this time driving. Durgesh was sent over by the car rental agency, and we got off to a bit of a bad start. On my second day in office, I used him to drive a colleague and I to Noida for a client call. Along the way we hit a traffic jam & so Durgesh looked for an alternative route. Unfortunately for me, this involved jumping a curb into the Public Bus lane.

Now I'll admit, we did move pretty quickly, but after about .5 miles, we had to wait for all the busses to go through the main bus station. In this particular route, all the busses board & disembark in the center of the road onto a raised platform. It looks essentially like a train station - except busses replace the train. After waiting out turn, we rather embarrassingly drove through the station ourselves.

After that particular incident, and my stern comment, he's been pretty good. So, this morning, I thought I'd film bits of my drive to work for you all to enjoy. The video condenses my 30 minutes into about 3 minutes & gives you a good feel of my daily sights & sounds. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks,
Scott

0 comments: